• Identifies and corrects issues that arise during the construction process, plans ahead to prevent problems from emerging and resolves issues in a timely and cost-effective manner.
• Contributes and provides input to site meetings (alongside the project manager) and interacts with the clients, client reps, architects, interior designers, etc.
• Is well-versed in reading construction plans and project specifications.
• Coordinates schedules with subcontractors and suppliers in order for them to complete their respective portions of work according to the project schedule.
• Enforces job site safety regulations (according to OSHA guidelines) and compliance with building/city code to mitigate risk.
• Must have prior public sector construction experience similar in nature to Neelam Construction’s level and quality of work as well as a working/technical knowledge of the construction process and all major trades involved.
• Must know the ins and outs of job site operations.
• Must have solid record of career stability and past supervisory success.
• Must have at least a basic familiarity with construction management processes, means and methods, knowledge of building products, construction details, and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards.
• Minimum of 3 years working experience in public sector construction, custom building, carpentry, or related field.
• Minimum of 2 years proven experience in public sector construction in a site supervisor role.
• Minimum 3 years of construction supervisory experience in NYC.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• DOB Site Superintendent license is preferred.
• Ability to perform detailed work under time-sensitive deadlines.
• Knowledge and experience of masonry, façade, roof and exterior Improvements with public sector in NYC construction market.
• Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
Our ideal candidate will be dependable, highly organized, and deadline-oriented while displaying a positive attitude in a team-based environment. This opportunity offers a highly progressive, innovative and challenging environment in which to champion your skills. We offer excellent compensation and benefits, including 401(k).
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority, Female, Disabled, Veteran, Sexual Orientation