Senior Project Manager
• Heavy client interaction; requires well developed communication, organizational and teamwork skills
• Coordination with clients, subcontractors and suppliers
• Timely and effective field coordination
• Supervision of subcontractors and Field Management
• Schedule and co-ordinate the efforts of all parties involved in the project, which include the architects, consultants, contractors, sub-
contractors and laborers.
• Detailed daily reports and cost monitoring using project management and
visual communication software and Excel
• Oversee the change order process to ensure the extras presented to the owner get approved and are fair
• Perform a key role in project planning, budgeting, and identification of resources needed.
• Create and develop the objectives/goals of each and assign individual responsibilities.
• Ensure that construction activities move according to predetermined schedule.
• Communicate effectively with the contractors responsible for completing various phases of the project.
• Monitor the progress of the construction activities on a regular basis and hold regular status meetings with all the sub-teams.
• Periodic inspection of construction sites.
• Ensure project documents are complete.
• Serve as a key link with the clients and review the deliverable prepared by the team before passing onto client.
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferably in civil, engineering or Construction Management.
• Experience in NYCHA
• Excel Proficiency
• Familiarity with NYC Code
• Minimum 10 years of construction supervisory experience in NYC
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Ability to perform detailed work under time-sensitive deadlines.
• Ability to work collaboratively with others in performing scope, design development, bid and change order cost estimating duties in a variety of trade disciplines.
• Knowledge and experience of façade, roof and ground Improvements with public sector in NYC construction market.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel software to prepare summary estimates and the analysis of deviations from architect/engineer estimates and from actual bids.
• Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
Our ideal candidate will be dependable, highly organized, and deadline-oriented while displaying a positive attitude in a team-based environment. This opportunity offers a highly progressive, innovative and challenging environment in which to champion your skills. We offer excellent compensation and benefits, including 401(k).
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority, Female, Disabled, Veteran, Sexual Orientation