• Ensure estimates are developed and managed in the most efficient and effective manner.
• Review design scope criteria, perform quantity take-offs, formulate undefined scope assumptions and develop cost estimates. Prepare estimate basis and assumption documentation.
• Supervise and/or prepare cost studies, complex research, trend estimates, life cycle cost estimates for capital project general construction and specialized areas or discipline.
• Supervise and/or prepare scope, design development, bid and change order phase cost estimates necessary for the planning, construction, repair of structures, or installations for general construction work and other trade disciplines as required.
• Supervise and/or prepare quantity surveys and cost evaluations for contract drawings, specifications or contract changes.
• Ensure unit costs and quantities of materials are accurate.
• Establish format, content summaries and reconciliations, including segregation of cost according to confidence level.
• Prepare basic software generated estimates for completion and technical accuracy ensuring quality and integrity.
• Prepare contingency and escalation through manual calculations.
• May attend bid openings.
• Supervise and/or prepare estimates for Change Order negotiation by analyzing awarded construction contract breakdown, along with verifying itemized costs against the scopes of work and construction document packages. Review change order proposals for quantities and fair price; ensure that the costs of project stay within budget.
• Review and analyze contract cost estimates/delay claims prepared by external consultants for accuracy and reasonableness; perform reconciliation and make recommendations.
• Recommend, coordinate, and update current cost variations for the project cost trend program, price library, NYCHA historical database, and other reference material.
• This position will be responsible for initiating, compiling and maintaining a sub-contractor database.
• Eight years of full-time satisfactory experience in general construction estimating
Full-time satisfactory experience in civil engineering, architecture or construction
• Education in civil engineering or architecture, leading to a Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or architecture,
• New York City Experience
• DDC and SCA experience required.
• Ability to perform detailed work under time-sensitive deadlines.
• Ability to work collaboratively with others in performing scope, design development, bid and change order cost estimating duties in a variety of trade disciplines.
• Knowledge and experience of façade, roof and ground Improvements with public sector in NYC construction market.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel software to prepare summary estimates and the analysis of deviations from architect/engineer estimates and from actual bids.
• Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
Our ideal candidate will be dependable, highly organized, and deadline-oriented while displaying a positive attitude in a team-based environment. This opportunity offers a highly progressive, innovative and challenging environment in which to champion your skills. We offer excellent compensation and benefits, including 401(k).
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority, Female, Disabled, Veteran, Sexual Orientation